[geeks] observations and rants.

Geek geek at geeksworld.net
Sun Feb 17 16:51:59 CST 2002

Same here in Manitoba. I don't go to Wal-Mart unless it is before
noon, but prefer to go before 10. It is becoming increasingly
impossible to decipher when the least hectic and disturbing time of
day is to go to some stores. One, for instance, called the Real
Canadian Superstore. I have never found a perfect day/time to go
there. I have gone just before closing, I have gone just after
opening. I have gone mid day, weekends, and holidays.
Never have I found their shelves properly stocked or a less congested
and frantic pace in their store. Their people are pretty decent, but
frequently they will have a price listed for, say, bulk pack of
Campbell's soup. The sale starts on Monday. By 11, an hour after they
open, all of the specified cases are cut open by employees, thus
invalidating their use as bulk. They claim they cannot be sure you
only have one specific kind of soup.
They barely skirt the laws on competition and false advertising, and
their customers pay for it. The only reason they are still in
business is they have some of the best deals. Hell, they even charge
for plastic bags, and shitty opens at that, usually guaranteeing 10%
will break while putting them into your car or taking them into your
home. god, I hate shopping. This is one reason I would love to get
married. She can do the shopping. Women do still love to shop, right?
<ducks as the women on the list throw their sharpest knives/hardware
at him>

Dwight Wallbridge,
Webmaster, Geek, Blogger.

Geek Blog online http://blog.geeksworld.net/