[geeks] Transferring Video to DVD

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Sun Feb 17 16:18:51 CST 2002

Bill Bradford wrote:

> I've got a G4/450 (1G RAM, 20G HD, DVD-ROM, external Plextor burner) that I'd
> trade for one of the $1200 iMacs (CD-RW) in a heartbeat.

I'm obviously missing something here. I just don't get it. Are you also
saying you'd trade a dual G4 for an imac? Explain, please.

> Hell, I'd trade the cube for an equivalent tower - its nice, I just hate the
> form factor.

This I get. But Pete seemed to be saying he'd trade his new Dual G4 for
a new imac. I'm having a little trouble understanding. How on earth can
the imac compare to the insane raw power?

---sambo