[geeks] PowerBook Wallstreet

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Sun Feb 17 15:40:43 CST 2002

I asked the other day, but it was mixed in with some other stuff and I
didn't get an answer, so i try again...

Does anyone know how I can determine what the bus speed is on my
Wallstreet? It's kind of important, because even though the 83MHz would
be nice, it's only got 2M of VRAM, and won't support a larger screen. I
could swap for a 12.1" tft, but can't find one anywhere.

If, on the other hand, mine has a 66MHz bus, I can swap the logic board
for one off of ebay w/ 4M of VRAM that will drive the 14.1" screen.
Between that and a CPU upgrade, I'll be a happy camper.

Theoretically, I could find an 83MHz logic board w/ 4M of VRAM, but
there are none around as far as I can tell 8-(

Thanks,

---sambo