[geeks] Transferring Video to DVD

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Sun Feb 17 11:53:40 CST 2002

Jonathan Eisch wrote:

> More professional/more expensive: G4 with superdrive using DVD studio
> Pro.

Yep. I think I've got her convinced on a Dual G4 with Superdrive and
Formac. I did a little digging on the web, and that's what I came up
with. Along with a new VCR, that should do it. I'm not doing any editing
or menuing, just straight linear transfer from analog to digital. Should
be easy enough. Later she's going to have someone create interactive
educational CD(DVD?)-ROMs using this video, but for now it's just a
straight transfer

And a question for our current G4 owners: what do I use for a display
with an ADC? Can I connect a standard SVGA monitor somehow or do I need
something special? The apple flat panels are really nice, but I suspect
the Executive Director might call it a luxury item. Although with the
current $500 rebate, the 15" might do nicely. That 22"'s sweeeet,
though.

---sambo