[geeks] observations and rants.

Mike Nicewonger twmaster at twmaster.com
Sun Feb 17 04:59:38 CST 2002

on 2/17/02 5:42 AM, Dave McGuire at mcguire at neurotica.com wrote:

> On February 17, Amy wrote:
>>> Nowhere is it written in stone that the world should be ruled by
>>> suits.  We ALLOW them to do this sort of shit.  Why doesn't anyone
>>> ever say "no"?
>>
>> cause they make sure to only hire those that will say 'yes' under
>> pressure.
>
> I've been having a theoretical chat with Sridhar about this sort of
> shit for the past two hours.  I'm hoping that the Enron debacle gets
> bad enough for the general public to wake up and say "hey, what's
> going on here?"  ...because it's happening all over the
> country...granted, Enron is an extreme example, but make no
> mistake...they're just the only ones who got caught.
>
> We work hard, create things, push the state of the art, develop
> technology...these suits rape companies, vote themselves raises, cheat
> us out of the stuff we build, and ensure that we can never challenge
> them...and THEY'RE the ones percieved to be "respectable" by society?
>
> How can this be?

That part really pisses me off in a huge way. That turd ex-pres @ enron sold
$20 Million worth of his stock knowing the company was about to have the big
explosion all the while smiling and telling his employees to buy company
stock. Scumbag needs to be set on fire and put out with an icepick. Unless
he is the dickless weasle Enron corporate office whom blew his head off 3
weeks ago

Damn, now I am really freaking mad.

-Mike N