[geeks] disksuite.

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Feb 17 04:01:28 CST 2002

On Sun, Feb 17, 2002 at 03:40:46AM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> Heh, this was on non-disksuite stuff; the OS partitions werent
> mirrored or on disksuite metaobjects, but /var (mail spool) was.
> Left the disksuite stuff where it was, only moved two partitions.

In fact, it was more like:

# mount /newroot 		(new / partition on other disk)
# cd /
# ufsdump 0f - /dev/rdsk/<current-root> | (cd /newroot;ufsrestore xf -)
# cd /newroot/etc
# <edit vfstab to reflect new paths>
# cd /usr/platform/sun4u/lib/fs/ufs
# installboot ./bootblk <raw-path-to-newroot>
# halt

ok setenv boot-device diskX
ok boot

Most of the time I spent tonight was tracking down a bad slice on one of the
mirrored disks that kept barfing but then DS would mark it as clean..

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net