[geeks] eprom programming

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Feb 17 00:48:39 CST 2002

On February 17, Rob wrote:
> So with a programmer and a chip all you do is plug it in and it'll zap the
> code over?

  Pretty much, yes.

> I assume you need some sort of I/O device to hook the chip to
> for any useful purpose. What else am I missing?

  Umm, I'm not sure exactly what you mean here...I may be missing the
gist of your question.  Do you have a clear idea of what a ROM is?

> What chips are supported by your programmer? Which aren't that a beginner
> might consider?

  The current software for the Data I/O 2900 supports 10,441 different
programmable devices.  I'm not willing to list them here. ;)

      -Dave

--
Dave McGuire