[geeks] eprom programming

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Feb 17 00:08:46 CST 2002

On February 17, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> What do people recommend for eprom programmers.  I'm interested in both
> what features to look for, and specific recommend models.
>
> Looking on ebay, I see prices ranging from tens of dollars to hundreds of
> dollars.  Tens would be better for me, although feel free to tell me that
> they are useless and I should wait till I can afford a real unit, if that
> is the case.

  There's only one real answer to this question...Data I/O.  I have a
model 2900; it can program pretty much *anything*.  I love it to no
end.  You would do very well to get one of those.  The 3900 is the
same thing but more of it, and much more expensive.

  One big advantage to getting a 2900 is that I have docs and
software...which are otherwise *very* expensive.

      -Dave

--
Dave McGuire