[geeks] and another silly netbsd question

jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Sat Feb 16 07:44:35 CST 2002

On 16 Feb, Dave McGuire wrote:

> A good thing to do might be to try
> a shell that's not stuck in the dark ages.
Today, where the one and only computer architecture is the PeeCee, the
one and only OS is M$ XP, is a dark age. Back then, when we used VAXen,
PDP 10 or Sun 3 machines was the light age.

> Personally, I use bash,
Bah, GNUism everywhere. ;-)
You may have a look at the pdksh, that is the ksh(1) of NetBSD. With
        VISUAL=emacs
        bind ^I=complete
        set -o braceexpand
you can get it that bash-ish, that I was very satisfied with it as a
long years bash user. The advantage of using ksh(1) on NetBSD is that
it is a part of the system. No xx hours bash compiling on my MicroVAXen
after a new install.
--

tschuess,
          Jochen