[geeks] Undelete for Solaris 2.6/7...

Mike Hebel nimitz at owc.net
Sat Feb 16 08:46:01 CST 2002

BB> On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 02:05:05PM -0500, Andrew Sydelko wrote:
>> Here at Purdue we use an entombing system to handle "dumbass attacks."

BB> One of the reasons I *love* WAFL and NetApps.  "cd .snapshot".

Hmm..they're not that advanced yet.  I spent several minutes
explaining to the "Sales Engineer" (figure that title out) that there
is no Undelete in 'nix and if he wanted the file back it would take me
about an hour or more to roll tape just for that one file.  (AIT-1
Sony drive, not bad capacity and fast but still 49gig of data to
search through.

Regardless, thanks guys for the answers.

Mike                         mailto:nimitz at owc.net