[geeks] observations and rants.

Amy scoobydoo at ohno.mrbill.net
Sat Feb 16 04:47:07 CST 2002

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Let me rant here for a bit.
>
> Its a Friday night.  At 10:30, I decided to go to the 24-hour WalMart to get
> some packing tape, markers, etc, so I could finish packing up some stuff thats
> shiping out tomorrow (heads up, Kurt and Bill!).

side note, you chose the wrong wal-mart. yes the other ones are all 10
miles away but the service is quicker and better.

> It was as if everyone in the neighborhood had decided to go to the
> store at 10:30, hang out in electronics, and play rap music loudly on the
> stereos there.

you went to said wal-mart _where_ and expected any different?

> 2.  I hate people who cant bother to be polite to others.  I say "pardon me"
>     and "excuse me", etc - have they stopped teaching this nowdays?  Whatever
>     happened to "sir" and "ma'am" and "miss" ?  I use them, and I'm only 27.
>     Surely the world hasnt gone to hell in a handbasket since '74.

actually, you're 28.

> 4.  If someone doesent like their job as a cashier, and is displeased enough
>     that the customers going through their line notice, they should be back
>     stocking, etc.  When I'm coming through the line with my $20.18 worth of
>     stuff, I dont expect them to sit and BS with their friends for 2-3 minutes,
>     smack gum and roll their eyes, not say "hello" or "thank you", etc...
>     If you dont want to bother being friendly, get your bitch ass in the back
>     and unpack a truck, and get someone friendly up front.

it wouln't do any good asking them to hurry up/open another register. likely
the cashiers couldn't speak english since yer in the wal-mart on the east
side of 35.

> Okay, enough ranting for one evening.  I need to start going to walmart at
> 3am again, and quit this "its 10:30, maybe it wont be busy" crap.

just next time let the dog in the garage like i ask before ya go, mmkay?
he was barking for an hour pst the time he left cause he wanted to go too.

> Bill (mm, Cannonball Run on DVD...)

east-bound and down BAD. wal-mart south GOOD. remember?

--a