[geeks] observations and rants.

Steven Hill sjh at matrix.net
Sat Feb 16 00:23:47 CST 2002

> Let me rant here for a bit.

Dude, it's your list :-)

> Its a Friday night.  At 10:30, I decided to go to the 24-hour WalMart to get
> some packing tape, markers, etc, so I could finish packing up some stuff thats
> shipping out tomorrow (heads up, Kurt and Bill!).

I have to say, a noble idea, but if it the WalMart down near 183 /
Cameron (Unless you know of another...) I never go there *ever*
because I fear I will go postal due to screaming children that need to
be put on a leash, and the ubiquitous baw-heids that play the music so
loud it the bass farts or it clips.

> Bill (mm, Cannonball Run on DVD...)

Startup.com

My rant is Apple Moving not waiting for me for 5 minutes after I had
driven to south Austin (from the same area as they had been
dispatched, through the parking lot otherwise known as I35 and missing
me completely at an auction warehouse.

Auction staff: they just left
Me: when
Auction staff: less than 5 minutes ago.
Me: shit.

And by the wonders of mobile telephone:

Me:	Where are you guys?
Them:	Uhhh, we got another job to do....
Me:	Well, I do too... Had you waited 5 minutes, I would have got there... You saw the traffic.
Them:	You knew I was en route.
Me:	Well, we're almost back up North
Them:	Well, get your asses back here
Me:	Can't, other job...

Half an hour later, we'd arranged another truck to come down between
4:30 and 5. (The warehouse closes at 5. Like sensible people...)
4:45 comes, it turns out they are just leaving a previous job. Oh
well. So I had loitered for an hour and a half for nothing.

So it looks like they get their hourly pay tomorrow, and I, as
salaried staff, get fsck all, other than a drive down I35 and back.
Again.

Gaaaaah!

Thankyou :-) That feels better.

here's the T shirt I want to buy today...

http://www.sikworld.com/NewFiles/111T.html

S.

--
Steven Hill