[geeks] Geeky Valentine's day card

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Fri Feb 15 11:43:32 CST 2002

On Friday, February 15, 2002, at 03:50 , David Cantrell wrote:
> Go to ebay, buy a well-known 8-bit machine.  Like an Apple 2 or a C64.

I agree.  My introduction was the unix internals and corefile stuff
internal to sun, with asic stuff and SPARC stuff thrown in for good
measure.  (I know more about the E10K's centerplane than i want to
know...)

That's why I've got a few Apple ][-class (//e, //c, //gs) kicking
around - I plan on going back and really learning the basics.  (To me,
it's like I took college-level calc w/o getting algebra first.  I
learned some tricks, but I had to struggle /wo a real base of
understanding.)

-Pete