[geeks] #%*@$ LaTex!

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri Feb 15 09:22:10 CST 2002

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 07:53:47AM +0000, Kris Kirby wrote:
> Anyone know how to set / adjust margins in LaTex? I'm using Lyx and keep
> coming up with 1.5" margins instead of 1" margins...

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\pagestyle{empty}
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\oddsidemargin  0.0in
\evensidemargin 0.0in
\textwidth      6.5in
\headheight     0.0in
\topmargin      0.0in
\textheight=9.0in
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\begin {document}
\setlength{\parindent}{0.5in}
\setlength{\parskip}{1ex plus 0.5ex minus 0.2ex}
\setlength{\baselineskip}{5ex}

is how the start of must of my documents go.  Err, I don't use lyx though,
so I don't know what documentclass lyx is using, or if the other stuff will
work with classes other than the article class.  Also, one of those lines
(I forget which) turns on double spacing.  I think it is probably the one
that reads:
\setlength{\baselineskip}{5ex}

Also, I think the line just before it could be simplified to:
\setlength{\parskip}{1.3ex}

--
Joshua D. Boyd