[geeks] Cat 5 Interference

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Thu Feb 14 16:27:30 CST 2002

Dave McGuire wrote:

>   Uhh, yes, very.  You will most definitely get interference, or
> worse (in the case of long runs) there may be enough induced voltage
> to encrisp your ethernet hardware.

Yeah, I've already given up the idea. It's just a short run, about a
foot and a half. It's just that it's the easiest way from the basement
ceiling to the dining room, and I was hopefull. i've even given up the
thought of removing the household wiring from that run and pulling the
cat5 through it instead, since I'd have to cap the wires in the same
box.

Fooey. no laptop in the dining room 'till I get a wireless rig.

---sambo