[geeks] Best ST:TNG episode...

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Thu Feb 14 11:37:17 CST 2002

[ On Thursday, February 14, 2002 at 11:38:20 (+0000), David Cantrell wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [geeks] Best ST:TNG episode...
>
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 01:10:58AM -0500, Greg A. Woods wrote:
[[ no, I didn't, actually...]]
> > > The whole "speaking in metaphor" idea bugged me.  How did they
> > > develop the words they needed to speak that way

I'm pretty sure I kept the attribution for the above sentence on what I
posted, but somehow it's disappeared and been replaced by what looks
like an attribution to me!   :-)

> The point is that in the time it takes for ugly-alien-dude no 1 to shout
> "when billybob lost hold of the rope holding up the piano", ugly-alien-dude
> no 2 has been shot by the sniper in the opposing side's trenches.  Whereas
> if you just shout "duck!" he has a chance.

But he'd only shout "billybob!" -- that'd be enough.  After all if I
were to try to explain exactly what I meant by the word "duck" it would
take quite some time too.  "Duck" is our metaphor for "get your friggin
head down!"

--
								Greg A. Woods