[geeks] html mail etc

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Thu Feb 14 05:08:48 CST 2002

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 08:14:12PM -0500, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 07:12:09PM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 07:36:47PM -0500, dave at cca.org wrote:
> > > There is a problem here.
> > The problem is Microsoft Outlook, and people who dont configure it
> > to send plaintext.
> From where I sit, the worst culprits seem to be webmail users, particularly
> yahoo.

I just kill anything with Content-type: text/html.  Catches an awful lot
of spam, and I really don't care if it also catches legitimate mail cos
AFAIC, no-one I want to hear from will use it.  If they include a plain-
text version then I demime it before it hits the inbox, although I *do*
archive it unadulterated.  I archive *everything*, spam included.

 Pressure was growing last night for the global "war on terror" to be
 broadened to take in a wide range of other 'rogue emotions' including
 horror, shock and a general feeling of bewilderment about the state of
 the world.    -- The Brains Trust