Arranged marriages: Re: [geeks] Stupid people rant

Amy scoobydoo at ohno.mrbill.net
Thu Feb 14 01:16:26 CST 2002

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Nina Bersamina wrote:

> Uhm must be something in the air.
>
> I have been seriously freaking about about my marriage
> date in January.  I am not totally in lust with my
> boyfriend, do you really need to be to marry?  Isn't
> loving the person and admiring their qualities good
> enough?  Do you really have to have the urge to jump
> his bones all the time?
>
> Am I freaking out?
>
> Am I getting married?

calm down ninabina, and do yourself a favor and listen up. there is
nothing in this world that can cause mass stress and mental comfusion like
planning a wedding n your own, esecially a large one. forget about the
wedding plans for a week or so--lord knows you have plenty of time to lose
your hair over stupid shit like reception favors--and just enjoy talking
to or being with him.

you marry for a partnership, a friendship, for love. no, you dont have
to have the urge to jump them every time ya see em. yes, you're freaking
out mildly (again, very normal) and yes, you're getting married and you'll
be very happy. :)

--a