[geeks] cassablanca 68060

Geoff Reed geoffr at zipcon.net
Wed Feb 13 16:25:03 CST 2002

At 04:19 PM 2/13/02 -0500, you wrote:
>On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 02:45:21PM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
>
> > http://www.draco.com/newindex.cfm?showcontent=true&linkID=103
>
>Yeah, but it doesn't really say much about the innards.  But, apparently
>this is just a toy, not a real workstation.  Oh well.

Casablanca Classic
Please view our Upgrades and Add-Ons from the naviagtion on the left.
*The Classic is no longer in production but upgrades and add- ons are still
available for our flagship editor*
Everything you need in one trim case to professionally edit your videos.
Includes a full range of transitions and image processing effects, 3 stereo
tracks, and a high resolution titler. Removable 9-to 50-GB internal hard
drive, so you can work on multiple projects. The user friendly interface is
clear, simple to use and easy to understand. Simple trackball operation
using only your monitor or TV. Lets you begin editing immediately since no
hardware or software installation is required. Allows you to edit full
screen video with frame-precise accuracy. Lets you create slow motion,
backwards motion, stutter effects and freeze frames. Supports three audio
tracks so you can integrate music from CDs and add your own comments. Gives
you freedom to create your own effects by combining A/B rolls with image
processing options. Allows you to choose from a range of completely
scalable fonts, unlimited color combinations and variable scroll/crawl
speeds. Draco Casablanca is a complete video editing system that delivers
the power, functionality, and capability of a high-end professional
nonlinear system at a fraction of the cost. Draco Casablanca provides the
data rate and picture quality required for MiniDV and Beta SP video, and
can also be used with S-VHS, Hi-8, or VHS equipment. The Draco Casablanca
was developed in Germany by MacroSystem GmbH in conjunction with Draco
Systems, Inc. and is manufactured by Siemens. System Processors Motorola MC
68060* Motorola MC 68040** Data Media Removable hard drive for video and
audio Most SCSI drives from 9-50GB External VideoRaid arrays up to 100GB
Software on 1.4 MB floppy Graphics User interface and video display on TV
or monitor Info display on front panel Audio Principle 3 stereo tracks,
maximum 48 KHz 16 bit Inputs Stereo RCA jacks on both front and back
Optional IEEE I394 for DV and Mini-DV Outputs Stereo RCA jacks on rear
Optional IEEE 1394 for DV and Mini-DV, optional XLR Video Compression Type
Motion JPEG Compression Ratio 15 settings from 40:1 - 5:1 Data Rate .5-3.0
MB/second-selectable bit-rate control Inputs Y/C and composite on front and
back, Optional IEEE 1394 for DV and Mini-DV Outputs Y/C and Composite,
Optional IEEE 1394 for DV and Mini-DV, Optional Component Resolution CCIR
601, > 400,000 pixels Video Norm NTSC or PAL (60 or 50 fields/sec)
Dimensions Measurements 17 1/2" x 14 3/4" x 4 1/2" Weight 15 1/2 lb.
*Render accelerated system takes approximately 25 seconds to render a one
second 2D effect. 3D effect rendering varies based on video quality
settings, and starts at 180 seconds per one second effect. **Rendering
times are doubled for a 2D effect and take 3-4times longer for a 3D effect.
There is no difference in picture quality between the two systems.