[geeks] snmp vunerabilities

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Feb 13 15:33:29 CST 2002

~ It pisses me off to no end that netweenies have jobs and I do
~ not. I can
~ pass muster, but netweenies can kiss ass to get in the door.
~ I can't find
~ the ass to kiss.
~
~ --
~ Kris Kirby, KE4AHR          | TGIFreeBSD... 'Nuff said.

Its not so much about ass-kissing...

Netweenies work cheap. I've seen many an ego-enhanced know-it-all
I'm-sure-I'm-an-expert working for $30K/year. I have seen many a company
that doesn't respect their datasystems knowingly choose weenies over
experienced help with thoughts of "if something fscks-up we can hire a
consultant for a week to straighten it out and still save cash". In fact,
I've seen a HUGE Pennsylvania CPA/consulting firm in Harrisburg that relied
on a high school graduate in community college night school for everything
they did. They thought they were getting such a bargain! I can't begin to
tell you how hosed and insecure their network was. The weenie was deeply
insulted and made me prove it in a meeting with his boss and his bosses
boss. I met the challenge and proclaimed that I would retrieve any document
they specified from any server from the internet at will. It took me one
hour to be able to read all his bosses emails to her over the phone, and yet
he kept his job! Now thats just the kind of security I want from my CPA
firm!

When weenie companies see "deeply experienced" on a resume they throw it in
the trash with the assumption you will be too expensive.