[geeks] cassablanca 68060

Michael Dombrowski legodude at hammycorp.com
Wed Feb 13 14:51:46 CST 2002

> I saw an interesting machine on ebay called a casablanca with 32megs
> ram, 18 gigs HD and a 68060.  Anyone ever hear of these?  Are they
> hackable/modifiable?
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1332466738

This is going off fuzzy memory, but IIRC the Casablancas are
basically Amiga video editing machines. They're pretty nice machines
for doing basic video, I've only done simple stuff on them. I don't
know what version I used but they had plugs for hot swap scsi disks
and standard PS/2 keyboard/mouse. Can only do simple fades and
titling. Ah! you can see the scsi disk plugin in the pictures on
Ebay. Basically 1 trick ponies methinks, I highly doubt you can do
anything much with them mod-wise.

Mike