[geeks] Stupid people rant

Amy scoobydoo at ohno.mrbill.net
Wed Feb 13 07:16:48 CST 2002

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Kris Kirby wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Julius Sridhar wrote:
> > Skinny chicks are my personal favorite.  *Really* skinny chicks.  I'm a
> > pretty skinny guy though.
> > You'll never mate, or you'll never form a pairbond?
> i dunno. I just have high standards. Beauty *and* intelligence are usually
> farther apart.

my two overblown cents as i don't like this subject one bit--too many
years of personal vendetta behind it. i'm more than a little disappointed
when i hear 'high standards' being associated with beauty or size.

beauty is an evil, misleading thing. it's too subjective for peace of
mind and it never leads to happiness seeing as how it is too changeable.
my stock answer to all the seventh grade boys who taunted me for being
larger was "i can lose the weight any time i choose but you'll always be a
pathetic, lonely asshole". it's been about 20 years and afaik those guys
are still single and whackin' it in their parents' homes at night. in a way
it's sweet revenge. i've been a size 2, 18, 14, 8, 6 at various points in my
adult life (currently 12) yet my mind has never changed around it--when i
was a stick insect i was still the same person mentally and steered clear of
anyone who wanted a status symbol on their arm to show off.

it's easy to find an intelligent person, they tend to stay intelligent
throughout life.

last night, in a fit of diet depression, bill asked me why i married him
when almost a year later we can't afford to go out for a nice dinner on our
anniversary. i told him (this time) it was because numbers never
mattered to him or me. likely when he is thin, i'll just feed him more.

four years ago, had i thrown the possibility of marrying or even meeting
bill out the window due to his size, i would have lost out on being near
the best, kindest person i had ever known, for life. consider this the
next time you discount a girl because she happens to be a little bigger
at first glance, hrm?

> I just hate cell phones. All those annoying rings.. why can't it just
> sound like a damn phone! And the way people act when it rings....
> inconsiderate of those around them, talking in a loud voice as well...

i have to agree on this..they tend to annoy me as well. we have one,
although it's been in my (locked and unused, anyone out there know how to
change a battery?) car for about a year and a half now ever since i used it
for when i was driving from here to tn (emergencies).

> i'm just jaded... or maybe i'm just ......

vacant? :) cluephone for you, scooby-doo.

--a
batteries not included, no money-back guarantee