[geeks] Stupid people rant

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Tue Feb 12 16:57:28 CST 2002

dittman at dittman.net writes:

>I don't watch the Olympics, or skating, and don't care, but
>my wife watches.  I was on the couch working wireless and
>could hear the crowd's (and my wife's) reaction.  My wife
>said the Canadian pair's performance was exceptional and
>flawless, but the Eastern bloc voting put the Russian
>pair's score above, even though the Russian pair messed
>up a landing.

Why does this surprise anyone? Same thing happened at Nagano.  The Ice
Dancing judges' clique is the worst "old boy" network around. (Was it
figure skating or ice dancing? Ice dancing is more succeptable to this
problem. (Ice dancing doesn't allow certain jumps and lifts, which
forces people to do more with "dance" as it were. Which makes the
judging more subjective and corruption-friendly.))

I gave up on watching the Olympics after Nagano.

>I like Canada.  They are our (USA) greatest ally, and while
>I like our national anthem from a patriotic stance, "Oh,
>Canada" is a beautiful song.

I'm still not inviting them to join my Nothern Alliance Against
Australia.

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
----------------- Live each day like the Triffids are coming. -------------