[geeks] Circuit Simulation Software

Dave Kimmel criscokid at v-wave.com
Tue Feb 12 01:26:06 CST 2002

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Dave McGuire wrote:

> > Active Electronics might have the chemicals (never looked
> > closely), but they don't have the copper clad boards.
>
>   Sure they do; I've bought a bunch from them.  They also have tin
> plating solution, ferric chloride solution, resist ink pens, heating
> tanks, and pretty much everything else.

Ahh, I'll have to look closer the next time I'm in there...  I can't
recall seeing them in the store, and I haven't gotten around to looking
for them at their web site yet.

>   I use the CCS PIC C compiler...it's not cheap, but it's by far the
> best I've seen...well worth the money ($250 or so I think).  I've not
> yet investigated any of the free tools, but I will eventually.  The
> CCS compiler comes with TONS of example code and "driver" routines for
> lots of useful peripheral chips, so I've been sticking with it for a
> while.  It also produces *really* tight code.

Ouch.  If that was $250 Canadian I'd probably consider it, but for
something that's just a hobby of mine its a little out of my price range.
Some of the ones on gnupic.org (Thanks James!) look quite promising
though.

-- Dave Kimmel
   criscokid at v-wave.com
   ICQ: 5615049