[geeks] Circuit Simulation Software

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Feb 11 20:03:50 CST 2002

On February 11, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> >   PCB can be found here:
> >   http://bach.ece.jhu.edu/~haceaton/pcb/
> >
> >   Note that it is a PC board design tool (and a pretty advanced one at
> > that), but not an autorouter.
>
> Oh, who cares about auto routing.

  Uhh, me.  I have better things to do with my time than route PC
boards.

>  An I infering correctly from the feature
> descriptions that it is somehow possible to create templates to use to
> silkscreen the traces onto a piece of PCB?  That certainly sounds like it
> could be nice.  A lot nicer than my idea of building a robot to wield a
> silver pen.

  Yes I believe it can do that.

  I've plotted resist ink onto copper-clad board with an HP7475A
plotter.  It's also a trivial matter to print a PCB layout on a laser
printer and transfer it to photo-resist; done that lots of times.

     -Dave

--
Dave McGuire