[geeks] Circuit Simulation Software

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Feb 11 18:34:33 CST 2002

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 05:25:52PM -0600, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> Hey, everyone,
>
>      Back in college, I used a program called "PowerView" to design and
> test circuits using 74-series logic chips and PALs (among other things).
> Are there any free (or cheap) Unix or Java programs around that do
> pretty-much the same thing?  I don't need anything as big and powerful as
> PowerView, but something that knows ABEL and the 74-series chips (or would
> at least let me define them in a library) would be really cool, as I don't
> want to lose the meager skills that I have.

gEDA (http://www.geda.seul.org/) looks interesting.  My design skills are only
slightly better than non existant though.  I used to use a nifty program on
Macs back in the 6.x days.  I wish I could remeber the name of it.

One of these days, I'm going to sit down and figure out the tool chain for
using computers to design circuits.  I don't mind designing the circuits on
paper, but I don't really have the time or patience anymore for wiring
them up by hand.  I just wish that there were a way that I could print the
wiring out on circuit boards, or come close to doing so.

--
Joshua D. Boyd