[geeks] Stupid people rant

Jeff Workman jworkman at pimpworks.org
Mon Feb 11 17:00:00 CST 2002

Stoned koalas drooled eucalyptus spit in awe as Mike Nicewonger exclaimed:

My personal favorite was about a year ago when I was selling a Turbochannel
framebuffer.  Some clown sent me an email, asking if it would work in a PC.

My latest EBay horror has been this clown.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1314253217

The seller clearly states in his payment instructions.....

Please email your name and physical shipping address .(NO PO BOXES PLEASE).
ALL TERMS AR EPER AUCTION DISCLAIMER.

So, I pay the guy via PayPal, which has my PO Box addy as my Confirmed
Shipping Address, and I put my street address in the special instructions
section.   Weeks pass, no hard drive ever shows up.  Well, as it turned
out, he'd shipped it to my PO Box, which, was temporarily closed due to the
fact that I was a little late getting out there to pay the box rent.  The
drive happened to arrive during this time.  A week passes, and I hear
nothing at all from the guy other than "It's been returned," to which I
replied "I didn't ask to have it shipped to my PO box, try shipping again
to my street address like I told you to do the first time."  So, I email
him, and this fucking loser tells me that before he'll ship the drive
again, I must pay shipping again.

I still haven't gotten my refund.  After the attitude he got with me on the
phone, he's lucky that he lives as far away from me as he does, because I
want to make him eat his teeth.

Jeff

--
Jeff Workman | jworkman at pimpworks.org | http://www.pimpworks.org