[geeks] Stupid people rant

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Mon Feb 11 15:47:11 CST 2002

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 03:25:19PM -0500, Adam Kropelin wrote:
> And I'm not even going to bring up the winning bidder from three weeks
> ago who *still* hasn't paid and has been blaming his inability to use
> paypal on *me*.

I had one of those a few weeks ago.  Except that his excuse was that "a
friend had used the account without his permission".  Like that 'friend'
could have got hold of the login details without his say-so.  So, to
avoid paying up on the auction he won, his excuse is "Waaaah, but I broke
ebay's terms of service!".

Needless to say, $luser has been LARTed.

I found ebay's non-paying bidder complaint process to be painless and
efficient.

      Good advice is always certain to be ignored,
      but that's no reason not to give it            -- Agatha Christie