[geeks] recieved from a co-worker

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Feb 11 09:15:59 CST 2002

Recieved the following diatribe from a co-worker.  Thoughts?

I already submitted my take on it, but I'm interested in what other
folks "in the know" have to say.

Kurt

Some cool info about the GeForce4 Ti:

The GeForce4 Ti can render about 100 dinosaurs with the same level of
complexity as what was seen in the motion picture Jurassic Park at 30
frames per second.

8 of the new chips have more geometry power than all of the 3dfx
Voodoo1-based graphics cards ever shipped.

A single GeForce4 chip sports more floating point calculation ability
than
existed on the entire planet in 1985.

Over a trillion ops per second.

10 times the power of the SGI nFinite Reality when it was first
introduced
($500,000).

Cool :)

Who wants one?  $399 initially, then cheaper.