[geeks] what I need...

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Feb 11 00:56:36 CST 2002

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:
> Why doesent anyone make SIX INCH extension cords, for those of us who dont
> want to give up power strip space to wall bricks?

I wish manufacturers would just do away with the entire notion of
wall-warts and go back with the in-line transformer idea that was so
popular in the 80's.  You had a standard 2-prong or 3-prong cord that ran
to a transformer box, and the transformer box had a device-specific cord
that ran to whatever it was designed to power.

How hard was that??  At least ciscoSystems still does that for all but
their ultra-low-end stuff.

But, yeah, that'll never happen.  120-volt "pigtails" are an excellent
idea.  Maybe you could convince Altex to stock it as a standard part? :)

--Jonathan