[geeks] there is nothing worse

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu Feb 7 20:14:46 CST 2002

> > It wasn't all bad - I got to scream up Rt95 at about 95-110 MPH inthe PT
> > Cruiser, with nobody in my way.  That was fun :)
>
> How do you like the PT?

Love it - almost as much as my Dodge Ram :)  It's comfy, has sufficient
power, looks nice, and illicits reactions of "gawdam that's nice" or
"gawddam its ugly".

It also is *extremely* well mannered at 100+ MPH.

We test drove the automatic, and decided on the 5-speed.  As with all
automatics, you lose some power through the auto tranny...

> I have been thinking of getting one (automatic). I am not sure if I want
> to get a 2002 model, or wait for the vaporware 2003 turbo model.

The turbo is coming, but it might not make it for '03.  Might have to wait
for '04.  The same engine (2.4l I-4) sports a turbo in the new-for-2003 Neon
SRT-4, so it might be closer than Chrysler is letting on.

Kurt