[geeks] Wooohoo! G4 MP!

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Wed Feb 6 23:00:40 CST 2002

Got my Sonnet G4/500 MP module today.  Took all of 5 minutes to install,
the speed difference is quite nice.  (Let me tell you, this is cake
after having to assemble alpha F15K's!)

My quick before/after test was to rip an MP3 ("December 1963 (Oh What a
Night)" from 'The Four Seasons Digitally Enhanced" - 6:13)  I used the
internal DVD-RAM, which seems to be maxing out on reading CD's...  I
think it would've been more dramatic using my 40x CD-RW.

In any event, with one processor, it took 62 seconds.  It took 40
seconds with two. I'm a happy boy.

-Pete