[geeks] Linux on S/390

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Tue Feb 5 18:56:57 CST 2002

vance at ikickass.org writes:

>On Tue, 5 Feb 2002 dave at cca.org wrote:

>> Is there a mechanism in linux on a 390 for writing channel programs?
>> ie: can a device driver send code to an IO channel?

>Sure.  Otherwise a non-VM Linux wouldn't be able to do DASD operations.

So, given dynamicly loadable drivers, loading a channel program for a
specific app, at runtime, should be possible, right?

Do you know of anyone doing interesting things with this - ie: application
specific, rather than just "make ext2fs work"? (I can imagine a channel
program on a network interface doing some load balancing on a 390 virtual
server farm...)

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
----------------- Live each day like the Triffids are coming. -------------