[geeks] Fwd: Re: music to bastardize to

mrbill mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Feb 4 22:12:25 CST 2002

For those of you who dont read ASR... this is a great story.

 - - - - - - -

From: "Joe Bramblett, KD5NRH" <kd5nrh-asr at kd5nrh.net>
Newsgroups: alt.sysadmin.recovery
Subject: Re: music to bastardize to

On Mon, 04 Feb 2002 05:15:30 GMT, Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net>
wrote:
>Just got, courtesy of a friend, a SoulPlayer DMP-01 (basically same thing
>as a Rio Volt) MP3 CD player.
>Now, I need to create the perfect "one disc" work music collection.

Kiss "Unholy"

At a former employer, the night they announced several layoffs,
someone[0] cracked to code to the pushbutton lock behind which the
hold music supplying device[1] was kept, and changed the disc to The
Revolting Cocks' "You Goddamned Son of a Bitch," followed by a
generous coating of epoxy to the device, it's power plug, output cord,
and the lock.  It took two days for them to get permission to drill
the lock and break the door open, and several more hours to get
permission to cut the power cord.

--
Joe Bramblett, KD5NRH
kd5nrh-asr at kd5nrh.net
http://www.kd5nrh.net

[0] I wish I knew who; another former employer could really have
    benefitted from this sort of personality.
[1] Cheapo portable CD player.