[geeks] PowerBook Wallstreet

Big Endian bigendian at mac.com
Mon Feb 4 13:30:47 CST 2002

>>Alice Conrad wrote:
>>
>>>  here is the url to the apple specs
>>

>>Actually, it could be one of two 233 G3's. One had 512K of L2, the other
>>had none. EIther way, any of the upgrades will work. I can get a G3/300
>>and plug it in, or the Sonnet G3/500 w/1M of L2. That sounds tasty to
>>me.
>
>Mmmm... yup.  But its going to be slower than the pismo due to bus/ram speeds.

also the video chipset(rage pro) is *NOT* supported w/ acceleration
under OS X.  It uses the OF console mode and its *SLOW* (like a 233
first gen iMac) under OS X.  If apple/ati doesn't fix that I would
suggest waiting for the pismo.  Even the lombard(400, usb, bronze
keyboard) isn't supported.

daniel