[geeks] PowerBook Wallstreet

Big Endian bigendian at mac.com
Mon Feb 4 13:01:23 CST 2002

>I suggest for the cost of the upgrade get a 12inch screen 2001
>iBook, I am running OSX on mine no trouble and Jon has the same one,
>and that is his first mac and he adores it.

Even better is a 14" ibook or a used pismo (about the same price on
ebay).  The pismos *RULE*.  OS X.1 runs lightning fast on it.  I
can't say enough about how kick ass it is to have both batterys in
and go *ALL DAY* when I'm working mostly in ram (hdd can spin down)
or in OS 9(less swapping, better power management, UNIX power
management SUCKS).

daniel