[geeks] 2.5" scsi drives

Mike Nicewonger twmaster at twmaster.com
Sun Feb 3 02:14:47 CST 2002

On Sun, 03 Feb 2002, you wrote:
> >> Does anybody have a list of specific apple laptop models that had the
> >> 2.5" SCSI hard drives?  I'm having a lot of trouble finding any with
> >> enough capacity to make my Sun Voyager happy.  I'm looking for a 2
> >> gigger.  (Was there a mythical 4 gigger?)  My last ditch effort is going
> >> to be going through some used computer stores or flea markets to find
> >> something I can scavenge from.  (Is that blasphemy?  But it's for a good
> >> cause! :-)
>
> MN> the largest 2.5" SCSI hard disk is 1.2GB. To use larger you need a device that
> MN> converts IDE drives to SCSI. This device is available but around $185.00
>
> Where the heck are you finding them for $185?  I couldn't find one
> less than $250 when I looked at upping the drive in my 540 PowerBook.

Powerbook1.com I think. First you have to get a sales rep with a clue. It took
me three tries to get somebody who knew. It is not a "listed part"
according to them. Like I said was fun trying to get this one.

I am going to sell it. I was going to put it in my Powerlite 170 but I sold
that to Ken. I then thought about putting it in my Voyager. But I am seriously
considering selling that too. I am tired of all the stuff in the way here.

Mike N