[geeks] Cross-Platform GUI Lanuages?

Michael Dombrowski legodude at hammycorp.com
Sat Feb 2 22:15:06 CST 2002

A while ago I helped a friend out with a project he was working on -
in less than an hour we learned and put into place a graphical, data-
base driven app using Visual Basic. Using it really showed me why C++
does not make sense for every app I do and a RAD tool can be really
nice for quick apps. From the little I played with Visual Basic it
seemed pretty nice and I'd like something like it but for Unix +
Windows and maybe Mac.  So, can anybody suggest a language that is
cross-platform, quick to design, can access databases, has gui and
network support? I'd like to be able to compile it into an app also
but that is not a requirement. I do not want to and can not use java.
Something like Kylix Pro edition looks great, a little pricy but not
too bad. Another language I looked at is Python + wxWindows but I've
not yet played around with it.

Mike