[geeks] Add another to the ranks...

Ken Hansen n2vip at bellatlantic.net
Sat Feb 2 18:51:18 CST 2002

A friend stopped by today and left with a new box:

	Ultra 30 w/250 MHz CPU
	512 Meg RAM
	2x 4 Gig HDs
	Creator 3D Framebuffer w/13w3 -> VGA adapter
	Country kit

And I must say, it makes a very nice, no compromise sun starter box.

He wants to learn Solaris, and make a small web and database server for
learning purposes... The question to the group is this: What
materials/web links should I send him tonight? I set him up with a link
to www.sunhelp.org, and showed him how to reach Sun's big admin website.
I plan on putting a few short articles I've written (how to set up
networking behind a DSL/Cable router, setting up and using the included
apache webserver, and a few others) up on a web server for his review...
What books/other resources would everyone recommend?

Please feel free to contact me off-line, I'll summarize the results in a
repost.

Thanks!

Ken

n2vip at yahoo.com