[geeks] D'OH!

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Feb 1 13:51:21 CST 2002

On February 1, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > Dude, you're joking, right! It would be a shame to barbeque a listmember.
> >
> > Please tell me you don't think this is possible.
>
> I don't have the greatest understanding of electrical stuff, but if the
> wire is good enough (12 guage?), I thought it was supposed to be possible.
> Feel free to explain differently.

  Can you *guarantee* that the wire is heavy enough?  Will you stake all
of your posessions, and your LIFE, on that guarantee?  Unless you
wired it yourself, and remember exactly what components you used, and
are 100% certain of your current capacity calculations, you have no
idea what the wiring and other components in your walls can handle.

  This is NOT something to fuck around with.  The failure mode is nearly
always fire.

     -Dave

--
Dave McGuire