[geeks] D'OH!

Rick Hamell hamellr at heorot.1nova.com
Fri Feb 1 10:07:20 CST 2002

> You could be as lucky as I and find an old Briggs & Stratton PE-75 WWII
> generator. Guaranteed to piss off the neighbors. The motor is built for
> military use; it has a few features not commonly found on small engines.
>
> A PE-75 is a 1KW.

	Actually, hit up the local Fire Department and figure out how to
get on to their auction list. They have generators that need to be
replaced every two years (here in Oregon it's like a law or
something... :) But typically they're not used very much. We picked up a
7.5k trailer mounted one with about 80 hours on it for $1500.

	Rick