[geeks] forgive me father, for I have sinned..

Ken Hansen n2vip at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 1 06:00:23 CST 2002

On Friday, February 1, 2002, at 02:44 AM, Kenneth Dunn wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Kriek Jooste wrote:
>
>> I guess it's like wasting water on spectacular looking fountains in
>> parks.
>> It's pretty.
>
> Except the water in a fountain isn't really wasted, it just gets
> recycled rather than power cycled.

*And* cools off the immediate area - when I drive past a large fountain
in my convertibile during a hot summer month it is cooler near the
fountain, and I am driving at 40-50 MPH and am easily 200 Yards away
from the fountain.

Speaking of driving, gas in NJ is at $.999/gallon *with* a service
attendent pumping the gas for me, and abotu $1.119 in PA for
self-serve... What a great deal for the consumer self-serve is! ;^)

Ken
n2vip at yahoo.com
n2vip at mac.com
Looking for something, try browsing