[geeks] YAFSGIB (Yet Another Freakin SGI Box)

Bjorn Ramqvist brt at g.haggve.se
Fri Feb 1 01:18:16 CST 2002

Ken Hansen wrote:

> XIO sounds familiar, would that option fit inside the
> system case? I wonder if it is included... The machine
> I am getting reports 4 SCSI channels/chains, I wonder
> if that means it has add-in SCSI cards??? (I know it
> has a fast and an U/W SCSI chain, I wonder if there is
> an internal and an external chain built into the
> mother board?)

XIO does not fit inside the case. You'd have the extra chassie called
"GigaChannel", with extra disks, extra PCI-slots and XIO.
Sounds to me that you machine has a couple of SCSI-cards in it.

> I wonder what tyoes of things I could do with the
> fiber connection - is it just for cluster functions?

Fiber? Sounds like either GbE/fiber or FC/fiber to me. I don't know if
SGI sold any FDDI/fiber cards for the Origin-series.

Do a "hinv" at the console-prompt. That should reveal what's under her
skirt.

--
Vdnliga hdlsningar/Best Regards
Bjvrn Ramqvist, Hdgglunds Vehicle AB