[geeks] Job search

James james at jdfogg.com
Mon Dec 30 04:44:51 CST 2002

At 09:40 PM 12/29/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>So I'm looking for any suggestions, assistance, advice, contacts or whatever
>anyone would like to throw my way, other than of course random abuse. I know
>that 90+% of what I get off of the major jobsearches will be spam
>andbullshit, but thats what spamattrractor emails are for and the 10% may be
>worthwhile.

If you want to stay in the area you are in, I have a suggestion. Talk to
your vendor's salesweasels. They know who is hiring, firing, growing, dying
and having trouble keeping employees happy. One of the people being blown
off in January at Vicinity (where I work) found several incredibly strong
leads that led directly to the hiring managers through our Sun reseller.
The salesweasel also has a vested interest in you being hired in a company
friendly to him as he has invested a lot in relationship building with you.
The salesweasel doesn't want someone in one of his customers shops who will
be unfriendly toward him or his products.