[geeks] ATX cases

Geoff Reed geoffr at zipcon.net
Fri Dec 27 01:21:15 CST 2002

At 05:45 PM 12/26/02 -0500, you wrote:
>The thing that upset me most about this was previous to this debacle
>IBM drives were the one IDE drive I felt good about.  Myself and all
>my friends swore by them...

I'd never had trouble with an IBM drive until the deathstar problems
:(  what bothers me is there's a RAID array that is in use that I had
spec'd out with IBM deathstars. spent the extra $30 a drive at the time
because they HAD been better....  I've since talked to my previous boss and
suggested that he replace the IBM drives, one at a time with Maxtor 120 Gig
(the biggest that controller can handle unless they've come out with new
firmware that can do the 32 bit ATA sector addressing instead of 24? bit
sector addressing ) if so, I told him to go with the Maxtor 300 gig drives,
for 2.1 terabytes of raid5 storage :) YUM