[geeks] suggestions for a PC game box

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Sat Dec 21 01:50:55 CST 2002

On Fri, 2002-12-20 at 22:51, Rick Hamell wrote:
> 	My personal experience is that Windows dosen't get as corrupted on
> SCSI boxes as it does IDE. For most things there is little difference
> speed wise. Although I do tend to sometimes use smaller SCSI drives for

BAH! show me the IDE disk that can keep up with my cheetah x15 sustained
sequential throughput, random accesses, anything, there will always be a
SCSI drive that will kick the ass of the fastest IDE drive, and make all
of it's little IDE friends running away crying.

And, there's a LOT to be said about a drive with a 5 year warranty vs. a
drive with a 1 year warranty.  Even if it is a gaming box, do you want
to monkey around with replacing the drive when it goes bad...  and
having to buy a new drive too?

Just my two cents, about two years ago, i would have been one to say
that SCSI isn't worth the money, but hey, if you have the money to spend
on a good SCSI disk, Go for it.  If you gotta go super cheap, well, ya
get what you pay for with hard drives.

	-Dan Sikorski