[geeks] suggestions for a PC game box

William S. wstan at xs4all.nl
Thu Dec 19 12:57:26 CST 2002

I already have a PS2 and am quite happy with the
device and the games it offers. I am now considering
putting together a PC box that I can play 3D type
games on since my Thinkpad 600e does not support
3d graphics.

Does anyone have an opinion of what would be
a good choice of hardware:

CPU
graphics card
motherboard
sound board
Case (power supply, tower? desktop (I love my old
     Palo Alto desktop case that my old P166MMX
     Micron came in. Too bad they were acquired
     by Flextronics.)

I don't want to get into an overkill situation
where I will need to deal with overclocking
nor excessive heat issues.

How much should I expect to spend?

--
Bill