[geeks] LCDs

Dave Kimmel crisco_kid at shaw.ca
Tue Dec 17 19:06:37 CST 2002

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, Michael Schiller wrote:

> I just bought one of the 17" iMacs, how does the Apple LCD screens
> compare qualitywise to the Samsung, and other 'PC' LCD screens? On my
> machine there appears to be one pixel that's always blue, is that
> something fixable, or should I return my machine for a replacement?

I just picked up an iBook recently - my first Mac!  I've got one (only)
pixel like that too.  Does your change colour depending on what's on the
rest of the screen?  Mine is near the lower right corner and it seems to
take it's colour from everything above it.  I haven't played much, but it
seems that the more non-black stuff there is above this pixel, the
brighter this pixel is.

-- Dave Kimmel
   crisco_kid at shaw.ca