[geeks] Mutt 1.4 on irix

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Dec 16 16:03:22 CST 2002

I'm trying to compile mutt 1.4 with GCC on irix.  I get these errors:
/usr/freeware/bin/gcc  -Wall -pedantic -O3  -o mutt  patchlist.o
addrbook.o alias.o attach.o base64.o browser.o buffy.o color.o
commands.o complete.o compose.o copy.o curs_lib.o curs_main.o date.o
edit.o enter.o flags.o init.o filter.o from.o getdomain.o handler.o
hash.o hdrline.o headers.o help.o hook.o keymap.o main.o mbox.o menu.o
mh.o mx.o pager.o parse.o pattern.o postpone.o query.o recvattach.o
recvcmd.o rfc822.o rfc1524.o rfc2047.o rfc2231.o score.o send.o
sendlib.o signal.o sort.o status.o system.o thread.o charset.o history.o
lib.o muttlib.o editmsg.o utf8.o mbyte.o wcwidth.o url.o ascii.o pgp.o
pgpinvoke.o pgpkey.o pgplib.o gnupgparse.o pgpmicalg.o pgppacket.o
resize.o dotlock.o       ./intl/libintl.a   -lcurses
ld32: ERROR   33 : Unresolved text symbol "use_default_colors" -- 1st
referenced by color.o.
        Use linker option -v to see when and which objects, archives and
dsos are loaded.
ld32: ERROR   33 : Unresolved text symbol "resizeterm" -- 1st referenced
by resize.o.
        Use linker option -v to see when and which objects, archives and
dsos are loaded.
ld32: INFO    152: Output file removed because of error.
collect2: ld returned 2 exit status

When I installed it on linux, it just compiled.  When I installed it on
solaris, it just worked as well.  On both platforms, I just did
./configure --prefix=$PROPER_PREFIX_FOR_THIS_MACHINE && gmake.  I do
that here and it failes.

--
Joshua D. Boyd