[geeks] What is Microsoft planing with this?

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Mon Dec 16 14:10:28 CST 2002

On Sunday 15 December 2002 10:50 pm, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > This is not a free nation when you can not walk out on your porch,
> > get your long-barrel on that tripod and shoot anybody who does not
>
> Whut?  Are you espousing the freedom to shoot whomever you want,
> whenever you want?  That's not freedom, that's being a homocidal

I *think* he's trying to say that with freedom comes responsibiliy. As a
responsible gun owner you know that there's some things you don't do
with a gun.

Car/truck ownership also comes with a set of responsibilities ...

> > expected to be low, but that's average.  Anybody ever asked himself
> > why they don't drive this Dodges to work in other countries?  Just
> > because they are inferior, I guess.

Nope. They might be inferior (I'm not a car person so I wouldn't know),
but the reason people don't saddle themselves with huge US cars at
least in European cities is simply the size. European cities tend to in
part be more closely packed and a smaller car is easier to get around
them.

> drive a bigass truck, I use a gallon of gasoline for every 15 miles I
> travel, I take up a whole lot of road, I'd just as soon drive over a
> curb or ditch as use an 'entrance', and I don't give a fuck if anyone
> likes it or not.

As you're quite a ways from me, it doesn't bother me what you drive, but
it certainly has a negative impact on those you drive past. There's a
very high death toll caused by the exhaust. Sure you don't contribute
much individually, but you do contribute *something*.

See :-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/905016.stm
http://www.who.int/inf-fs/en/fact187.html
http://www.who.int/inf-pr-1998/en/pr98-57.html
http://www.urban75.com/Action/news121.html

Shouldn't a responsible person consider this when choosing a car/truck ?